[openstack-dev] [nova][bugs] more specific tags?

Markus Zoeller mzoeller at de.ibm.com
Fri Aug 28 15:37:41 UTC 2015

This is a proposal to enhance the list of offical tags for our bugs
in Launchpad. During the tagging process in the last weeks it seems
to me that some of the tags are too coarse-grained. Would you see a
benefit in enhancing the official list to more fine-grained tags?

Additionally I would like to enhance the tags by use case oriented
tags like "spawn" and "snapshot" (like we already have with
"live-migration") to signalize which features are impacted by this
bug which could be benefitial for:
* release letters
* use case centered SMEs through the components/layers

refine component oriented tags:
* network: nova-network + neutron + pci-passthrough
* volumes: block-device-mapping + multipath + fibre-channel + attachment

add new "bug-theme" tags:
* numa
* availability_zones

add use case centered tags:
* spawn
* resize
* rebuild
* snapshot
* swap-disk

add non-functional tags:
* performance
* gate-failure
* upgrades

add release cycle tags:
* in-stable-juno
* in-stable-kilo

Would you see this as benefitial? If yes, which tags would you like to
have additionally? If no, what did I miss or overlook?

Regards,
Markus Zoeller (markus_z)