[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Netaddr 0.7.16 and gate breakage

Armando M. armamig at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:50:06 UTC 2015

On 31 August 2015 at 09:33, Carl Baldwin <carl at ecbaldwin.net> wrote:

> I was under the impression that we had a plan to stop allowing these
> external updates break our gate jobs.  It seems extremely unwise to
> allow these forces outside of our control to disrupt us so much
> especially in such a large project as Neutron.  We lose a lot of
> valuable time to these.

My sentiment exactly.

>   I thought that we were going to do something
> like cap all of the dependencies and introduce automated updates to
> those caps in a more controlled manner where updates can be tested in
> a review.  Is something like that still in the works?

If there isn't, there must be a good reason that I fail to grasp, and I
wouldn't mind if people filled me in on the rationale. I promise I'll make
a note so that I don't forget.

> Is it just me or does it seem like a breaking update like this always
> comes around the end of a cycle or a feature freeze?

You missed 'weekends' :)

Not that it is any consolation, at least there are always a few brave
individuals that step in to the fire!