[openstack-dev] [Neutron] Netaddr 0.7.16 and gate breakage

Carl Baldwin carl at ecbaldwin.net
Mon Aug 31 16:33:07 UTC 2015

I was under the impression that we had a plan to stop allowing these
external updates break our gate jobs.  It seems extremely unwise to
allow these forces outside of our control to disrupt us so much
especially in such a large project as Neutron.  We lose a lot of
valuable time to these.  I thought that we were going to do something
like cap all of the dependencies and introduce automated updates to
those caps in a more controlled manner where updates can be tested in
a review.  Is something like that still in the works?

Is it just me or does it seem like a breaking update like this always
comes around the end of a cycle or a feature freeze?

Carl