[openstack-dev] [neutron][sfc] Neutron stadium distribution and/or packaging

Neil Jerram Neil.Jerram at metaswitch.com
Mon Aug 31 11:36:03 UTC 2015

Hi Kevin,

I currently have an example of this kind of thing that I'm working on, and I'd appreciate hearing your view on what is the best solution.

My requirement was to change some of the command line options with which the DHCP agent invokes Dnsmasq.  My first implementation of this was in core Neutron, triggered by an interface driver method or property, and you can see various versions of that at [1].  Then I realized that I could also do this using an out-of-core subclass of Dnsmasq, and you can see that approach at [2].

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/206077/
[2] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/218486/

I guess the question is: would you consider [2] to be a monkey-patch, in the sense that you had in mind when writing below?  If it is, I guess that means that I should continue pursuing the approach of [1].

Many thanks,
    Neil