[openstack-dev] [puppet] [tempest] CI - integration job status

Emilien Macchi emilien at redhat.com
Fri Aug 28 18:42:12 UTC 2015

So this week we managed to iterate to have more components part of
Puppet OpenStack Integration CI.
Everything is work in progress but let me share the status:

* one single Puppet run of the scenario001.pp is enough to deploy
OpenStack (MySQL, RabbitMQ, Keystone WSGI, Nova, Glance, Neutron
(ML2-OVS) - second Puppet run shows that manifest is idempotent :-)
* tempest is running at the end (identity, image and compute tests) -
some failures on scenarios and some tests, but ~90% of success.
* Results are visible i https://review.openstack.org/#/c/217352/ (see
gate-puppet-openstack-integration-dsvm-centos7 logs for details)

Next steps:
* during the Puppet OpenStack midcycle next week, Paul Belanger and I
will make progress together on this work, any help is highly welcome.
* While I'm working on single node, Paul is focusing on multi node job
with Zuul v3 - though I'll let him give status if needed over this thread.
* Optimize Tempest run - we need to select what to test (scenarios, etc)
so the job is effective and we don't spend useless to test the world.
Big kudos to Matthew Treinish for his help, his input is really useful
for us.

Blockers:
Well... to make it work I had to use Depends-on a few number of patches.
Please review them if we want to make progress:

Use zuul-cloner for tempest
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/217242/

allow to optionally git clone tempest
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/216841/

glance_id_setter: execute after creating Glance image
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/216432/

Bad configuration for glance/neutron setters
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/174638/

Make sure neutron network is created before Tempest_neutron_net_id_setter
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/218398/

Make sure Glance_image is executed after Keystone_endpoint
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/216488/

Make sure Nova_admin_tenant_id_setter is executed after Keystone_endpoint
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/216950/

Fix 'shared' parameter check in neutron_network provider
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/204152/

scenario001: deploy & test glance
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/216418/

scenario001: deploy RabbitMQ
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/216828/

scenario001: deploy neutron
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/216831/

scenario001: deploy nova
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/216938/

Run tempest with compute tests
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/217352/

In advance, thanks a lot for your reviews, any feedback is welcome!
--
Emilien Macchi