[openstack-dev] [oslo] Help with stable/juno branches / releases

Tony Breeds tony at bakeyournoodle.com
Wed Aug 26 22:32:01 UTC 2015

On Wed, Aug 26, 2015 at 03:11:56PM -0400, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> Tony,
>
> Thanks for digging into this!

No problem.  It seemed like such a simple thing :/

> I should be able to help, but right now we're ramping up for the L3
> feature freeze and there are a lot of release-related activities going
> on. Can this wait a few weeks for things to settle down again?

Hi Doug,
    Of course I'd rather not wait but I understand that I've uncovered a bit of
a mess that is stable/juno :(

Right now I need 3 releases for oslo packages and then releases for at least 5
other projects from stable/juno (and that after I get the various reviews
closed out) and it's quite possible that these releases will in turn generate
more.

I had to admit I'm questioning if it's worth it.  Not because I think it's too
hard but it is sunstantial effort to put into juno which is (in theory) going
to be EOL'd in 6 - 10 weeks.

I feel bad for asking that question as I've pulled in favors and people have
agreed to $things that they're not entirely comfortable with so we can fix
this.

Is it worth discussing this at next weeks cross-project meeting?

Yours Tony.