[openstack-dev] [openstack][manila]How to change the network ofmanila without affecting the existing service

Ben Swartzlander ben at swartzlander.org
Tue Aug 25 02:26:48 UTC 2015

On 08/24/2015 09:06 PM, 陈迪豪 wrote:
> Thanks Ben,
>
> We will reconfigure manila to use the correct network. I'm still
> wondering will it have an effect on our existing services? Some users
> have create shares in our environment(240.0.0.0/8 is an example and
> we're using the available one). What if we upgrade manila to use
> something like 10.240.0.0/24, can they continue to use the existing
> shares in 240.0.0.0/8?

It's possible, but it will depend on your network configuration. As I
said below, class E addresses are invalid, so the fact that it works at
all is a bit surprising. I'm sure if it's working now, there is a way it
can continue to work, but there's too many unknown variables for me to
tell you how.

My recommendation would be to stop using the 240.0.0.0/8 addresses
altogether and move everything to valid IP addresses. That move might
end up being disruptive, so the sooner you do it the less problems it
will cause.

-Ben