[openstack-dev] Migrating existing projects in the stackforge namespace - question about Fuel Plugins

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Mon Aug 24 12:53:41 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Irina Povolotskaya's message of 2015-08-24 15:09:23 +0300:
> Hi to everyone,
>
> I've seen a message from Jim on migrating in the stackforge namespace.
>
> I have a question about Fuel Plugins:
>
>    - Fuel is not the part of upstream; neither are Fuel Plugins (and each
>    of them has a separate project under Stackforge).
>    - Nevertheless, the number of Fuel Plugins grows and developers will
>    keep on requesting stackforge project creation.
>

> Question:
> I would like to know how you plan to work with these issues in this very
> case.
> Do you plan to mark those somehow just to show that they are actually
> maintainted and not the part of upstream yet?
> Do you need any extra confirmation from development teams that their
> plugins are being constantly updated and worked on?

Who is "you" in this case? The Fuel team, the TC, or the community in
general?

In case you mean the TC:

Jim's proposal is to rename the gerrit repositories under stackforge/ so
they are under openstack/. That does not change their official status,
just the name of the repository.

Projects must explicitly ask to become official by submitting a patch to
add themselves to reference/projects.yaml in the openstack/governance
repository.

Doug