[openstack-dev] [all] PTL/TC candidate workflow proposal for next elections

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Sat Aug 22 23:11:32 UTC 2015

On 08/22/2015 04:35 PM, Maish Saidel-Keesing wrote:
> +1 To what Joshua said.
>
> I would also like to understand what is the goal we are trying to
> accomplish by moving this to a repo and submitting a CR and what does
> this solve or improve on the current way we are doing things?

The point when I proposed this workflow last release cycle was to make
the election officials job possible to complete with certainty all
candidates had been acknowledged rather than lost in the noise while
still being able to do the other daily activities the election officials
have to accomplish while being election officials.

Noise on the mailing list? Wasn't a concern for me then and isn't now,
as an interested observer. Making sure the officials can have confidence
in their work? Very important.

Thanks,
Anita.