[openstack-dev] [devstack] Possible issues cryptography 1.0 and os-client-config 1.6.2

John Griffith john.griffith8 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 01:42:20 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 18, 2015 at 2:14 PM, Robert Collins <robertc at robertcollins.net>
wrote:

> On 19 August 2015 at 03:51, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:
>
> > So... I'm at Linux Con this week, meaning that things will be slow. I
> > think - https://review.openstack.org/#/c/208582/ (slightly updated this
> > morning) will get devstack users working again. And I agree, we really
> > need devstack and the gate to be convergent on their solution here, not
> > divergent.
>
> So unless something has changed, devstack users are broken only on
> Fedora - and the constraints thing won't protect them at this stage
> because of two things.
>
> Firstly, the bug isn't a cryptography bug - its a setuptools / pip
> thing resulting in the .so pip installs being in the arch neutral path
> rather than lib64, and this would work except that devstack also
> installs python-cffi, which then masks the pip updated one. I don't
> know why devstack is installing the binary package :/. This is a
> Fedora platform specific bug - it doesn't show up on Ubuntu - either
> because devstack doesn't install the ubuntu python-cffi package, or
> because pip/setuptools on ubuntu don't have the same disconnect with
> system packages in the same way. I'm not sure which.
>
> Secondly, until we have a gate on openstack/requirements that checks
> devstack-on-fedora, fedora developers will be exposed to this sort of
> thing from time to time :/.
>
> -Rob
>
> --
> Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
> Distinguished Technologist
> HP Converged Cloud

​Catching up on this thread, looks like the referenced devstk change above
(987dc6453e8e3a8a46d748059378564c42bafc5c) merged and broke things.  Seems
we don't install opt/stack/requirements so stack.sh is failing for third
party CI's that don't use node-pool (suspect they'll fail when they're
nodes are rebuilt similar to last weeks issue with keystone).

Went ahead and confirmed that a fresh download and stack.sh locally fails,
going to have a look after dinner but thought maybe somebody already knows
what's up with this.

Thanks,
John