[openstack-dev] [rally] [Ceilometer] profiler sample resource id

Pradeep Kilambi pkilambi at redhat.com
Wed Aug 12 18:22:27 UTC 2015

We're in the process of converting existing meters to use a more
declarative approach where we add the meter definition as part of a yaml.
As part of this transition there are few notification handlers where the id
is not consistent. For example, in profiler notification Handler the
resource_id is set to "profiler-%s" % message["payload"]["base_id"] . Is
there a reason we have the prefix? Can we ignore this and directly set
to message["payload"]["base_id"] ? Seems like there is no real need for the
prefix here unless i'm missing something. Can we go ahead and drop this?

If we don't hear anything i'll assume there is no objection to dropping
this prefix.

Pradeep Kilambi; irc: prad
OpenStack Engineering