[openstack-dev] [Cinder] A possible solution for HA Active-Active

Flavio Percoco flavio at redhat.com
Wed Aug 5 07:03:43 UTC 2015

On 04/08/15 23:39 -0700, Mike Perez wrote:
>On Tue, Aug 4, 2015 at 7:47 PM, Morgan Fainberg
><morgan.fainberg at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Again with this?
>>
>> Yes, I was reiterating that we should not talk about a specific choice but
>> continue with the other discussion. Tooz, ZooKeeper, Consul, etc, is all
>> irrelevant to the rest of the conversation we are having. The specific
>> technology used can be discussed in an x-project spec, but I really would
>> rather see a very opinionated choice. That can again be delayed until a
>> later point.
>>
>>> We already what we want to get out of Tooz, where we want it and for how
>>> long we'll be using it in each of those places.
>>
>> My response was also before the rest of the convo that occurred post
>> Flavio's summary.
>>
>>> To answer those questions all that's needed is to read this thread and
>>> the links referred on some conversations.
>>
>> I am fine with using a DLM. I see a significant benefit (without putting too
>> fine a point on it, Keystone *will* benefit from a choice for a DLM to be
>> available in OpenStack, and I like the idea). I was hoping to continue (and
>> we did) identify where we had DLM-like/DLM uses in OpenStack so we knew
>> where to focus.
>
>Hey all,
>
>This thread is a mess.
>
>I'm going to put together facts with what projects are doing and why.
>I will present my findings at the session that I will be moderating in
>the cross project track of the summit [1], if accepted. Spec may
>follow.
>
>[1] - https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/mitaka-cross-project-session-planning

FWIW, there are 2 threads now. This one that you just replied to is
supposed to be related to Cinder and not to the cross-project
discussion. It's a mess, I agree! :(

That said, you may want to sync with Joshua since he's going to work
on a cross-project spec as well (as he mentioned in the other
thread).[0]

Thanks for taking the time,
Flavio

[0] http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-August/071400.html