[openstack-dev] [magnum][blueprint] magnum-service-list

SURO suro.patz at gmail.com
Mon Aug 3 19:36:32 UTC 2015

Hi Jay,

Thanks for clarifying the requirements further.

I do agree with the idea of having 'magnum service-list' and 'magnum
coe-service-list' to distinguish that coe-service is a different
concept. BUT, in openstack space, I do not see 'service-list' as a
standardized function across other APIs -

 1.   'nova service-list' => Enlists services like api, conductor etc.
 2.   neutron does not have this option.
 3.   'heat service-list' => Enlists available engines.
 4.   'keystone service-list' => Enlists services/APIs who consults
    keystone.

Now in magnum, we may choose to model it after nova, but nova really has
a bunch of backend services, viz. nova-conductor, nova-cert,
nova-scheduler, nova-consoleauth, nova-compute[x N], whereas magnum not.

For magnum, at this point creating 'service-list' only for api/conductor
- do you see a strong need?

Regards,
SURO
irc//freenode: suro-patz