[openstack-dev] [Cinder] A possible solution for HA Active-Active

Morgan Fainberg morgan.fainberg at gmail.com
Sun Aug 2 09:28:04 UTC 2015

> On Aug 2, 2015, at 16:00, Daniel Comnea <comnea.dani at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> From Operators point of view i'd love to see less technology proliferation in OpenStack, if you wear the developer hat please don't be selfish, take into account the others :)
>
> ZK is a robust technology but hey is a beast like Rabbit, there is a lot to massage and over 2 data centers ZK is not very efficient.

Sure, lets evaluate the more far reaching benefits of running the new service for all openstack deployments. This is not a "hey neat tech" debate, it is a "lets see if this tool solves enough issues that it is worth using an 'innovation token' on". I think it is worth it personally, but it should be a consistent choice with a strong reason and added value beyond a single one-off usecase.

--morgan

Sent via mobile