[openstack-dev] [Congress] [Murano] Congress devstack installation is failing in murano gate job

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Wed Apr 29 15:32:05 UTC 2015

Excerpts from Brant Knudson's message of 2015-04-29 09:17:08 -0500:
> On Wed, Apr 29, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

> > http://logs.openstack.org/61/178461/1/check/gate-murano-congress-devstack-dsvm/fa01b8f/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2015-04-29_11_12_16_120

> > http://logs.openstack.org/61/178461/1/check/gate-murano-congress-devstack-dsvm/fa01b8f/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz
> > >
> > > Not, it was installed due to keystonemiddleware -
> > >
> > http://logs.openstack.org/61/178461/1/check/gate-murano-congress-devstack-dsvm/fa01b8f/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2015-04-29_11_02_13_727
> >
> > Actually, it's more insideous than this. It's installed at 1.4.0 there,
> > then it's downgraded to 1.3.0 when glance is installed, and then it's
> > pushed back to 1.4.0 because of:
> >

> > http://logs.openstack.org/61/178461/1/check/gate-murano-congress-devstack-dsvm/fa01b8f/logs/devstacklog.txt.gz#_2015-04-29_11_12_08_418
> >
> > pip install -U should not be used in the general case, only in *very*
> > specific cases.
> >
> > Whatever is hardcoding -U is the source of your problem.
> >
> >         -Sean
> >
> > --
> > Sean Dague
> > http://dague.net
> >

> There's a review posted to update keystonemiddleware's requirements:
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/173972/ . It was broken for a while after
> the branch was created due to pycadf installing oslo.messaging. For some
> reason it's working now even without the pycadf changes, but Doug H has a
> -2 on it. I'd like to know what the reqs are supposed to be for all the
> stable/kilo libraries -- I assumed we wanted them all to match
> global-requirements.

We're in the process of figuring out how we want to deal with the caps.
Adding caps to the requirements of libraries introduces challenges, so
we're considering removing those and having applications cap all of
their transitive dependencies. We need more time to think about it, and
we're going to have a summit session in a couple of weeks, so we're not
going to land patches now that we might have to undo later on. We also
want to be mindful that changing the requirements of the library may
involve breaking semver if we release a new stable version, and we only
want to do that once per library if we do it at all.

Doug