[openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Why do we need to select subnet when creating a pool?

Wanjing Xu wanjing_xu at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 29 00:42:22 UTC 2015

Thanks, Brandon.  I am using V1. And trying to create via horizon, this field is the mandatory field in horizon creating pool pageWanjing

From: brandon.logan at RACKSPACE.COM
To: openstack-dev at lists.openstack.org
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 01:40:00 +0000
Subject: Re: [openstack-dev] [Neutron][LBaaS] Why do we need to select subnet when creating a pool?

I'm assuming you are using LBaaS V2.  With that assumption, I'm not sure how you are having to select subnet on the pool.  It's not supposed to be a field at all on the pool object.  subnet_id is required on the member object right now, but that's something
 I and others think should just be optional, and if not specified then it's assumed that member can be reached with whatever has already been setup.​  Another option is pool could get a subnet_id field in the future and all members that are created without
 subnet_id are assumed to be on the pool's subnet_id, but I'm getting ahead of myself and this has no bearing on your current issue.

Could you tell me how you are making your requests? CLI? REST directly?