[openstack-dev] [all] Question for the TC candidates

Chris Dent chdent at redhat.com
Tue Apr 28 15:30:21 UTC 2015

On Tue, 28 Apr 2015, Doug Hellmann wrote:

Thanks very much for the information about this stuff thus far. To
take the discussion to its logical extreme, for the sake of the
discussion and not (just) to be snarky, I want to respond to
something from this last paragraph

> We do not always resolve all issues in a week, so we won't
> always have a conclusion to report. Ongoing discussions are tracked
> either here on the mailing list or in gerrit, and I'm not sure we
> want to try to duplicate that information to summarize it.

What's important to avoid is the blog postings being only reporting of
"conclusions". They also need to be invitations to participate in the
discussions. Yes, the mailing list, gerrit and meeting logs have some
of the ongoing discussions but often, without a nudge, people won't
know.

If, in fact, improved engagement between the TC and everyone else is
desired then a lot of effort is going to be required (from both
sides of the engagement).

I'm not trying to suggest that the TC is trying to keep people in
the dark, rather that it always takes more effort than anyone would
like to make sure things are lit.

--
Chris Dent tw:@anticdent freenode:cdent
https://tank.peermore.com/tanks/cdent