[openstack-dev] [Neutron] [Nova] [Cinder] [tc] Should Openstack project maintained by core team keep only API/DB in the future?

Luke Gorrie luke at tail-f.com
Tue Apr 28 11:18:41 UTC 2015

On 28 April 2015 at 10:14, Duncan Thomas <duncan.thomas at gmail.com> wrote:

> If we allow third party CI to fail and wait for vendors to fix their
> stuff, experience has shown that they won't, and there'll be broken or
> barely functional drivers out there, and no easy way for the community to
> exert pressure to fix them up.

Can't the user community exert pressure on the driver developers directly
by talking to them, or indirectly by not using their drivers? How come
OpenStack upstream wants to tell the developers what is needed before the
users get a chance to take a look?

I would love to see OpenStack upstream acting more like a resource to
support users and developers (e.g. providing 3rd party CI hooks upon
requst) and less like gatekeepers with big sticks to wave at people who
don't drop their own priorities and Follow The Process.