[openstack-dev] [all] Question for the TC candidates

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Fri Apr 24 22:28:49 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 2:14 AM, Chris Dent <chdent at redhat.com> wrote:

> What can and should the TC at large, and you specifically, do to ensure
> quality improves for the developers, end-users and operators of
> OpenStack as a full system, both as a project being developed and a
> product being used?

Hello Chris et al,

OpenStack quality will improve for the operators with a strong operator
voice that helps focus developers and the overall technical focus on usage.
OpenStack quality improves for developers in other ways: by hearing from
end users and operators they can in part anticipate (or respond more
quickly) to issues that will otherwise become truly raging hotspots (crises
if you will.)

The other way to directly improve quality for OpenStack Devs is to improve
test coverage and gate checks on more "production-like" systems. As an
operator and advocate, I can persuade or motivate other operators to offer
up resources (people as well as systems) to aid in this area of improvement.

These are indeed new times with operators playing a very critical role in
OpenStack.