[openstack-dev] Please stop reviewing code while asking questions

Ryan Brown rybrown at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 20:33:10 UTC 2015

On 04/24/2015 03:00 PM, Julien Danjou wrote:
> I like that point and I agree with you. The problem, as someone already
> stated, is that these people are rarely on IRC and sometimes just never
> reply on the review. Right, maybe next time I'll chase them down via
> email. Sometimes I wish we were a little more conservative about who
> could do code review, but well.

I'm pretty heavily against limiting who can code review. There are some
less-than-helpful reviewers about, but putting up barriers is the wrong
way to go about fixing it.

Education is the way to go, and it's ok if there's some nominal level of
somewhat unhelpful reviews so long as, when possible, we try to teach
those reviewers how they can be more helpful.

--
Ryan Brown / Software Engineer, Openstack / Red Hat, Inc.