[openstack-dev] [oslo] eventlet 0.17.3 is now fully Python 3 compatible

Victor Stinner vstinner at redhat.com
Fri Apr 24 07:36:17 UTC 2015

Hi,

I wrote my spec to Port Nova to Python 3:
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/176868/

>> I squashed all my commits into a single commit of my draft port and I pushed it at:
>> https://github.com/haypo/nova/commit/bad54bc2b278c7c7cb7fa6cc73d03c70138bd89d
>
> I like how the sha1 starts with 'bad'

Ah ah, I didn't notice that. I would prefer "python" prefix, but it's not possible.

> Overall that is a pretty small patch.

Cool.

> My general concern, is having to manually review new code for python3 compliance.

Do you prefer a single very large patch (as the one I posted above) or multiple small patches fixing similar issues?

> If this will take more then a week or two to make a big project python3 compat (during a virtual sprint), it would be good to have some tooling in place to make sure we don't add a lot more burden on reviewers to make sure new patches are python3 compatible by hand.

I tried to write a detailed plan in my spec. Until "tox -e py34" pass, I would prefer to not touch nova gates nor any add Python 3 checks.

Victor