[openstack-dev] TC Non-Candidacy

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Thu Apr 23 14:32:03 UTC 2015

On 04/23/2015 08:33 AM, Ed Leafe wrote:
> On Apr 22, 2015, at 9:31 PM, Devananda van der Veen
> <devananda.vdv at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Being a member of the technical committee is not merely a
>> commitment of a few hours a week; it is not just a forum for
>> resolving differences between two or three projects; and it's
>> definitely not a social club or popularity contest.
>>
>> First and foremost, it is an elected body of representatives. I
>> believe the members should *represent* OpenStack's technical
>> constituency -- both internally and externally. On the one hand,
>> that means listening to the technical community, understanding
>> the issues within and between projects, being both willing and
>> capable to jump in and address them when necessary; and on the
>> other hand, representing that constituency to the broader
>> community.
>
> Thanks for writing this, as well as your other points. I couldn't
> agree more with those sentiments.
>

> -- Ed Leafe

Thank you, Devananda, for letting us know your intentions.

Thanks for all your hard work and service. I always appreciate hearing
your point of view.

You make good points in your post. The ease with which OpenStack grows
new projects does make us more complex, not less. The user is the one
who suffers in this situation. Devs always have the option to just
narrow their focus and fix what is in front of them, that approach
doesn't work for the user.

Thank you as well for your honesty both with yourself and with us
about your time commitments

Thank you,
Anita.