[openstack-dev] [Nova] RC1 state of play

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Thu Apr 9 08:18:09 UTC 2015

Le 09/04/2015 08:01, Michael Still a écrit :
> There are a few bugs still outstanding for nova's RC1. Here's a quick
> summary. For each of these we need to either merge the fix, or bump
> the bug from being release blocking.
>
> -----
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1427351
> "cells: hypervisor API extension can't find compute_node services"
>
> This still has review https://review.openstack.org/#/c/160506/
> outstanding, but a related review has landed. Do we need to land the
> outstanding review as well?

We're in a good shape for merging the hypervisor-related issues that are
fixed in https://review.openstack.org/#/c/160506/ so yes we need to land
it too.

Unforunately, the cells job recently regressed due to some Tempest
changes ([1] and others) related to networks, so there are a couple of
last-minute patches that have been uploaded :
https://review.openstack.org/171865 for fixing the devstack side -
creating a network in the child cell
https://review.openstack.org/171911 and
https://review.openstack.org/171912 for fixing the Nova side because it
has a miss (not using the UUID passed in the CLI if provided)

Both corresponding cell-related bugs are raised as Critical and marked
for RC1 :
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1427351
https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1441931

[1] https://github.com/openstack/tempest/commit/4bbc199

> -----
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1430239
> "Hyper-V: *DataRoot paths are not set for instances"
>
> This one has https://review.openstack.org/#/c/162999 proposed as a
> fix, which has one +2. Does anyone want to review a Hyper-V driver
> change?
>
> -----
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/nova/+bug/1431291
> "Scheduler Failures are no longer logged with enough detail for a site
> admin to do problem determination"
>
> Two reviews outstanding here --
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/170421/ and its dependent (and WIP)
> https://review.openstack.org/#/c/170472/ -- these seem to be not
> really ready. What's the plan here?

Unscoped from RC1 milestone as it probably requires some big behaviour
change for the scheduler RPC API (not raising a NoValidHost exception
but rather return a list of filters failing)

-Sylvain