[openstack-dev] [Neutron] - Joining the team - interested in a Debian Developer and experienced Python and Network programmer?

Matt Grant matt at mattgrant.net.nz
Thu Apr 9 07:13:33 UTC 2015

Hi!

I am just wondering what the story is about joining the neutron team.
Could you tell me if you are looking for new contributors?

Previously I have programmed OSPFv2 in Zebra/Quagga, and worked as a
router developer for Allied Telesyn.  I also have extensive Python
programming experience, having worked on the DNS Management System.

I have been experimenting with IPv6 since 2008 on my own home network,
and I am currently installing a Juno Openstack cluster to learn ho
things tick.

Have you guys ever figured out how to do a hybrid L3 North/South Neutron
router that propagates tenant routes and networks into OSPF/BGP via a
routing daemon, and uses floating MAC addresses/costed flow rules via
OVS to fail over to a hot standby router? There are practical use cases
for such a thing in smaller deployments.

I have a single stand alone example working by turning off
neutron-l3-agent network name space support, and importing the connected
interface and static routes into Bird and Birdv6. The AMPQ connection
back to the neutron-server is via the upstream interface and is secured
via transport mode IPSEC (just easier than bothering with https/SSL).
Bird looks easier to run from neutron as they are single process than a
multi process Quagga implementation.  Incidentally, I am running this in
an LXC container.

Could some one please point me in the right direction.  I would love to
be in Vancouver :-)

Best Regards,

--
Matt Grant,  Debian and Linux Systems Administration and Consulting
Mobile: 021 0267 0578
Email: matt at mattgrant.net.nz