[openstack-dev] [all] how to send messages (and events) to our users

Halterman, Jonathan jonathan.halterman at hp.com
Thu Apr 9 00:43:40 UTC 2015

The ability to send general purpose notifications is clearly a cross-cutting
concern. The absence of an AWS SNS like service in OpenStack is the reason
that services like Monasca had to roll their own notifications. This has
been a gaping hole in the OpenStack portfolio for a while, and I I think the
right way to think of a solution is as a new service built around a pub/sub
notification API (again, see SNS) as opposed to something which merely
exposes OpenStack¹s internal messaging infrastructure in some way (that
would be inappropriate).

Cheers,
Jonathan