[openstack-dev] [neutron] Liberty mid-cycle coding sprint

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Wed Apr 8 15:22:58 UTC 2015

On Wed, Apr 8, 2015 at 10:14 AM, Edgar Magana <edgar.magana at workday.com>
wrote:

>  Kyle,
>
>  Thank you for your answers and also for organizing this coding sprint.
> I would like to rephrase my question as follows.
> If you are elected as Neutron PTL for the Liberty Cycle, would you
> consider to have either of the following options for the M cycle?:
>
>    1. Move the next coding sprint at least one month after the “M” summit
>    2. Having both a sprint coding and a formal mid-cycle meet-up
>
> I know how hard is to organize these sessions and I by no means wanted to
> change people plans for attending the one in June 2015. However, raising my
> concerns and suggestions early in the process seems to be a good approach.
>
> The Liberty coding spring is actually more than a month after the Liberty
Summit, so the M coding spring would be the same. I don't think having a
coding spring and a mid-cycle makes sense. In fact, I am against mid-cycles
where the focus is not on code. Personally, we need to continue evolving
the projects in OpenStack so decisions do not need to be made in person.
Mid-cycles perpetuate the notion you have to go there and be present so you
can be a part of the decision making process. Coding sprints are focused on
actually writing code together. Thus, I won't support mid-cycles where
decisions are expected to be made, but will continue to support coding
sprints.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks,
Kyle