[openstack-dev] [Infra] PTL Candidacy

James E. Blair corvus at inaugust.com
Thu Apr 2 21:35:48 UTC 2015

I would like to announce my candidacy for the Infrastructure PTL.

I have developed and operated the project infrastructure for several
years and have been honored to serve as the PTL for the Kilo cycle.

I was instrumental not only in creating the project gating system and
development process, but also in scaling it from three projects to 600.

In Juno, we have begun a real effort to make the project infrastructure
consumable in its own right.  We've made a lot of progress and we're
seeing more people joining this effort as we get closer to the goal of
re-usability.  It's starting to pay off, but we still have a lot to do.

We're also looking at getting into the business of operating an
OpenStack cloud.  This is potentially a very exciting new venture, with
a heavily used production cloud available for anyone in OpenStack to see
and alter its operation.  We're only just starting this project and hope
to settle on some parameters as soon as we finish up our current
priorities.

I have also proposed some major changes to the key infrastructure
projects Zuul and Nodepool.  In both cases, the intent is to help us
continue to scale out the system to handle more projects easier, and to
make the overall system more comprehensible.

Those are just three of several important efforts I anticipate this
cycle and they span the spectrum from software development to
operations.  Once again, a large part of the work of the PTL this cycle
will be helping to coordinate and facilitate these efforts.

I am thrilled to be a part of one of the most open free software project
infrastructures, and I would very much like to continue to serve as its
PTL.

Thanks,

Jim