[openstack-dev] [OpenStack-Dev] [third-party-ci] Clarifications on the goal and skipping tests

Mike Perez thingee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 21:25:42 UTC 2015

On 00:21 Tue 31 Mar     , Rochelle Grober wrote:
> Top posting… I believe the main issue was a problem with snapshots that
> caused false negatives for most cinder drivers.  But, that got fixed.

I don't know what you're talking about here. Are you saying there was an
issue with the Tempest tests that drivers hit in allowing additional tests to
run? If so, got a link to the bug and review?

> Unfortunately, we haven’t yet established a good process to notify third
> parties when skipped tests are fixed and should be “unskipped”.  Maybe
> tagging the tests can help on this.  But, I really do think this round was
> a bit of first run gotchas and rookie mistakes on all sides.

Can you further explain this... "on all sides"? I really believe panicing
could've been avoided and more time to iron out any issues if some vendors
chose to not wait last minute on requirements.

> A good post mortem on how to better communicate changes and deadlines may go
> a long way to smooth these out in the next round.

I hope you're not talking about communication on deadlines of CI's. This has
already been overly discussed/announced and you should reread the previous
thread [1] on this if you still feel that way. The next round won't matter,
because a driver won't be accepted at the beginning unless there is already
a reported CI.

[1] - http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2015-March/059693.html

--
Mike Perez