[openstack-dev] [Heat] [Ceilometer] [rc1] bug is unresolved due to requirements freeze

Sergey Kraynev skraynev at mirantis.com
Thu Apr 2 10:46:35 UTC 2015

Hi Guys.

> A couple of concerns:
>
> #1 - would have been really nice if the commit message for the review
> included the above block of text. The current commit message is not
> clear that Heat *can not* work.

I will update commit message regarding info mentioned in this thread.

> #2 - why wasn't the fact that Heat *can not* work raised earlier,
> because I assume that means there are tests that are blocking all kinds
> of changes?

The reason, why we don't tell it early is:
 when issue was found we ask ceilometer team to bump new version,
after that I uploaded patch to global-requirements and believed that it
will be merged before release.
It does not block gates (due to reason mentioned above), but the reality is
so, that with 1.0.12 version
user can not use any ceilometer resources in Heat (as result we loose
autoscaling templates, where ceilometer plays one of major roles).

> If this is truly blocking we can raise with Thierry, he has final
> override here. However, if this means that one resource type doesn't
> work quite as expected, I don't think that warrants a freeze bump. The
> libraries are set to >= here so nothing in Kilo that prevents users from
> deciding to take that upgrade.
>
> Forcing that upgrade on all users for 1 use case which a user may or may
> not be using is not the point of GR.
>
>         -Sean
>
> --
> Sean Dague