[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Status of the nova-network to Neutron migration work

Dr. Jens Rosenboom j.rosenboom at x-ion.de
Wed Apr 1 05:37:28 UTC 2015

Am 01/04/15 um 04:10 schrieb Kevin Benton:
> It's worth pointing out here that the in-tree OVS solution controls traffic
> using iptables on regular bridges too. The difference between the two
> occurs when it comes to how traffic is separated into different networks.
>
> It's also worth noting that DVR requires OVS as well. If nobody is
> comfortable with OVS then they can't use DVR and they won't have parity
> with Nova network as far as floating IP resilience and performance is
> concerned.

It was my understanding that the reason for this was that the first
implementation for DVR was only done for OVS, probably because it is the
default. Or is there some reason to assume that DVR also cannot be made
to work with linuxbridge within Liberty?

FWIW, I think I made some progress in getting [1] to work, though if
someone could jump in and make a proper patch from my hack, that would
be great.

[1] https://review.openstack.org/168423