[openstack-dev] [Nova][Neutron] Status of the nova-network to Neutron migration work

Kevin Benton blak111 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 02:10:52 UTC 2015

It's worth pointing out here that the in-tree OVS solution controls traffic
using iptables on regular bridges too. The difference between the two
occurs when it comes to how traffic is separated into different networks.

It's also worth noting that DVR requires OVS as well. If nobody is
comfortable with OVS then they can't use DVR and they won't have parity
with Nova network as far as floating IP resilience and performance is
concerned.