[openstack-dev] [oslo] Fate of xmlutils

Davanum Srinivas davanum at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 11:17:49 UTC 2014

Julien,

I believe all the lessons learned from defusedxml (see the release
dates) have been folded back into the different libraries. For example
plain old etree.fromstring() even without any special options is ok
with the specially crafted xml bombs that you can find as test cases
in defusedxml repo. There is some more information here as well
(http://lxml.de/FAQ.html#is-lxml-vulnerable-to-xml-bombs). So at this
point, unless we see a new attack vector other than the ones that
caused folks to whip up defusedxml, we should be good. So Option #2 is
definitely the way to go

thanks,
dims