[openstack-dev] [Ironic] Get rid of the sample config file

Lucas Alvares Gomes lucasagomes at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 16:23:02 UTC 2014

Hi,

Today we have hit the problem of having an outdated sample
configuration file again[1]. The problem of the sample generation is
that it picks up configuration from other projects/libs
(keystoneclient in that case) and this break the Ironic gate without
us doing anything.

So, what you guys think about removing the test that compares the
configuration files and makes it no longer gate[2]?

We already have a tox command to generate the sample configuration
file[3], so folks that needs it can generate it locally.

Does anyone disagree?

[1] https://review.openstack.org/#/c/124090/
[2] https://github.com/openstack/ironic/blob/master/tox.ini#L23
[3] https://github.com/openstack/ironic/blob/master/tox.ini#L32-L34