[openstack-dev] WARNING: Oslo team is cleaning up the incubator

Doug Hellmann doug at doughellmann.com
Tue Sep 23 19:41:23 UTC 2014

On Sep 19, 2014, at 1:16 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:

> The Oslo team is starting to remove deprecated code from the incubator for libraries that graduated this cycle, in preparation for the work we will be doing in Kilo.
>
> Any fixes for those modules needed before the final releases for the other projects should be submitted to the stable/juno branch of the incubator, rather than master. We will provide guidance for each patch about whether it should also be submitted to master and the new library.

Some of the cleanup changes to the incubator are starting to land, so I have gone through the open reviews for oslo-incubator and abandoned any that looked like they were obviously related to code that has been removed.

In each case, I tried to indicate the conditions under which it might make sense to resubmit the patch elsewhere. In several cases that isn’t needed because we already have the patch in the new library.

Doug