[openstack-dev] [Elections] Nominations for OpenStack PTLs (Program Technical Leads) are now open

Anita Kuno anteaya at anteaya.info
Fri Sep 19 18:44:44 UTC 2014

Nominations for OpenStack PTLs (Program Technical Leads) are now open
and will remain open until September 26, 2014 05:59 UTC.

To announce your candidacy please start a new openstack-dev at
lists.openstack.org mailing list thread with the program name as a tag,
example [Glance] PTL Candidacy with the body as your announcement of
intent. People who are not the candidate, please refrain from posting +1
to the candidate announcement posting.

I'm sure the electorate would appreciate a bit of information about why
you would make a great PTL and the direction you would like to take the
program, though it is not required for eligibility.

In order to be an eligible candidate (and be allowed to vote) in a given
PTL election, you need to have contributed an accepted patch to one of
the corresponding program's projects[0] during the Icehouse-Juno
timeframe (September 26, 2013 06:00 UTC to September 26, 2014 05:59 UTC).

We need to elect PTLs for 22 programs this round:
* Compute (Nova) - one position
* Object Storage (Swift) - one position
* Image Service (Glance) - one position
* Identity (Keystone) - one position
* Dashboard (Horizon) - one position
* Networking (Neutron) - one position
* Block Storage (Cinder) - one position
* Metering/Monitoring (Ceilometer) - one position
* Orchestration (Heat) - one position
* Database Service (Trove) - one position
* Bare metal (Ironic) - one position
* Common Libraries (Oslo) - one position
* Infrastructure - one position
* Documentation - one position
* Quality Assurance (QA) - one position
* Deployment (TripleO) - one position
* Release cycle management  - one position
* Data Processing Service (Sahara) - one position
* Message service (Zaqar) - one position
* Key Management Service (Barbican) - one position
* DNS Services (Designate) - one position
* Shared File Systems (Manila) - one position

Additional information about the nomination process can be found here:
https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/PTL_Elections_September/October_2014

As Tristan and I confirm candidates, we will reply to each email thread
with "confirmed" and add each candidate's name to the list of confirmed
candidates on the above wiki page.

Elections will begin on September 26, 2014 after 06:00 UTC (as soon as
we get each election set up we will start it, it will probably be a
staggered start) and run until after 13:00 UTC October 3, 2014.

The electorate is requested to confirm their email address in gerrit,
review.openstack.org > Settings > Contact Information >  Preferred
Email, prior to September 26, 2014 05:59 UTC so that the emailed
ballots are mailed to the correct email address.

Happy running,
Anita Kuno (anteaya)

[0]
http://git.openstack.org/cgit/openstack/governance/tree/reference/programs.yaml