[openstack-dev] [TripleO][elections] Not running as PTL this cycle

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Mon Sep 22 03:26:15 UTC 2014

I'm not running as PTL for the TripleO program this cycle.

There are a couple of reasons for this. Firstly, I think its good for
intense multi-year efforts like we're all involved in here to have
leadership spread around: for the folk wearing the leadership hat, its
hard work keeping everything paged in all the time, and folk can
easily burn out. I don't like burning out :). For projects, having
folk that have different views avoids us getting stuck in a rut and
increases experimentation and learning, IME.

Secondly, I joined OpenStack to help it move forward as a whole, but
I've done relatively little other than deployment - and we've
consistently hit limitations and issues outside of the deployment code
- in all sorts of areas - testing, performance, other APIs and so on.
I personally feel a need to correct this - I'm currently running into
the risk of myopia, solving things just in the deployment context, and
I need to do better than that :).

I look forward to other TripleO folk putting their hat into the ring -
I'll support whoever wins in anyway I can, and I'm still going to be
here hacking on TripleO and reviewing what folk are working on:)

-Rob

--
Robert Collins <rbtcollins at hp.com>
Distinguished Technologist