[openstack-dev] What's up doc? Sept 18 2014

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Thu Sep 18 19:59:11 UTC 2014

We're less than a month from our October 16th release and I'm appreciating
the focus on the install guide. Thanks Matt Kassawara and our intrepid
reviewers!

Tomorrow we should have a release 2.1.3 of the clouddocs-maven-plugin. This
is the version we'll "freeze" upon for the upcoming Juno release. Sorry,
epub didn't get in for this release. One noticeable change for the API
Reference is the addition of short titles added to the description of each
API call. I believe this makes it easier to talk about a single API call so
I appreciate the input going into that.

The HOT Template Guide is coming along nicely.

I've had a request to look into automating pulling out system usage data
from nova for starters and glance and other projects. Right now it's all
gathered in https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/SystemUsageData. I thought I'd
start here to see who might have automation ideas. We'll find a landing
spot in one of the existing guides for this info. This isn't for the Juno
release but something to consider for Kilo.

I've been working with Tom on a redesign document to list requirements for
a redesign so that we can have a page-based way to view OpenStack docs.
I've been working on it for a couple months so I'd like to move it forward
in the community. It's in Google Docs right now. I'll discuss at the next
team meeting... speaking of... Next week I'm at an internal conference and
can't run the weekly Doc Team meeting at the scheduled time, but I'd really
like to reschedule to another day since we're in a crunch period. Would
Monday work instead? Let me know.

Thanks,
Anne