[openstack-dev] [Cinder][Nova][Oslo] Moving Brick out of Cinder

John Griffith john.griffith at solidfire.com
Wed Sep 17 22:05:25 UTC 2014

On Sep 17, 2014 3:48 PM, "Walter A. Boring IV" <walter.boring at hp.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the effort Ivan.   Your interest in brick is also helping us
push forward with the idea of the agent that we've had in mind for quite
some time.

> For those interested, I have created an etherpad that discusses some of
the requirements and design decisions/discussion on the cinder/storage
agent
> here:
> https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cinder-storage-agent
>

> Walt
>

>> Thanks a lot for a comments!
>>
>> As discussed in IRC (#openstack-cinder), moving Brick to Oslo or
Stackforge isn't the best solution.

>> We're moving on making Cinder Agent (or Cinder Storage agent) [1]  based
on Brick code instead of making Brick as a separate python library used in
Cinder and Nova.

>> I'll deprecate my oslo.storage GitHub repo and rename it to not confuse
anybody in a future.

>> [1] https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/cinder-storage-agent
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ivan Kolodyazhny,
>> Web Developer,
>> http://blog.e0ne.info/,
>> http://notacash.com/,
>> http://kharkivpy.org.ua/
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 17, 2014 at 8:16 PM, Davanum Srinivas <davanum at gmail.com>
wrote:

>>> +1 to Doug's comments.

Cinder,

Storage

advice about APIs if you like, but I don’t think the library needs to be
part of Oslo to be reusable.

Nova and

http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-dev/2014-September/044608.html

>>> --
>>> Davanum Srinivas :: https://twitter.com/dims

FWIW my take has been storage lib, not Oslo.