[openstack-dev] [Nova] What's holding nova development back?

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Sep 16 12:32:39 UTC 2014

On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 06:29:53PM +1000, Michael Still wrote:
> I think bug days are a good idea. We've had them sporadically in the
> past, but never weekly. We stopped mostly because people stopped
> showing up.
>
> If we think we have critical mass again, or if it makes more sense to
> run one during the RC period, then let's do it.
>
> So... Who would show up for a bug day if we ran one?

IMHO that question is attacking this the wrong way. We should have the
nova core & PTL team lead by example, by all agreeing to actively take
part in formally scheduled bug days. Use this to set the expectations
for the rest of the community, to encourage them to join in too, and
not just rely on a handful of people to volunteer.

Regards,
Daniel