[openstack-dev] [all] Bringing back auto-abandon

James Polley jp at jamezpolley.com
Wed Sep 10 21:30:59 UTC 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 6:52 AM, James E. Blair <corvus at inaugust.com> wrote:

> Steven Hardy <shardy at redhat.com> writes:
>
> > Yeah, I don't know what the optimal solution is - my attention has
> recently
> > been drawn to queries generated via gerrit-dash-creator, which I'm
> finding
> > help a lot.
>
> This is one of several great solutions to the problem.  Any query in
> Gerrit can include an age specifier.  To get the old behavior, just add
> "age:-2week" (that translates to "last updated less than 2 weeks ago")
> to any query -- whether a dashboard or your own bookmarked query like
> this one:
>

> https://review.openstack.org/#/q/status:open+age:-2week+project:openstack/nova,n,z

If someone uploads a patch, and 15 days later it's had no comments at all,
would it be visible in this query? My understanding is that it wouldn't, as
it was last updated more than two weeks ago

In my mind, a patch that's had no comments in two weeks should be high on
the list of thing that need feedback. As far as I know, Gerrit doesn't have
any way to sort by oldest-first though, so even if a two-week-old patch was
visible in the query, it would be at the bottom of the list.