[openstack-dev] [release] client release deadline - Sept 18th

Matt Riedemann mriedem at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 10 15:01:04 UTC 2014

On 9/9/2014 4:19 PM, Sean Dague wrote:
> As we try to stabilize OpenStack Juno, many server projects need to get
> out final client releases that expose new features of their servers.
> While this seems like not a big deal, each of these clients releases
> ends up having possibly destabilizing impacts on the OpenStack whole (as
> the clients do double duty in cross communicating between services).
>
> As such in the release meeting today it was agreed clients should have
> their final release by Sept 18th. We'll start applying the dependency
> freeze to oslo and clients shortly after that, all other requirements
> should be frozen at this point unless there is a high priority bug
> around them.
>
> 	-Sean

Thanks for bringing this up. We do our own packaging and need time for
legal clearances and having the final client releases done in a
reasonable time before rc1 is helpful.  I've been pinging a few projects
to do a final client release relatively soon.  python-neutronclient has
a release this week and I think John was planning a python-cinderclient
release this week also.

Matt Riedemann