[openstack-dev] [release] client release deadline - Sept 18th

Sean Dague sean at dague.net
Tue Sep 9 21:19:26 UTC 2014

As we try to stabilize OpenStack Juno, many server projects need to get
out final client releases that expose new features of their servers.
While this seems like not a big deal, each of these clients releases
ends up having possibly destabilizing impacts on the OpenStack whole (as
the clients do double duty in cross communicating between services).

As such in the release meeting today it was agreed clients should have
their final release by Sept 18th. We'll start applying the dependency
freeze to oslo and clients shortly after that, all other requirements
should be frozen at this point unless there is a high priority bug
around them.

	-Sean

--
Sean Dague