[openstack-dev] [glance] 0.14.0 client - v2 requests broken

stuart.mclaren at hp.com stuart.mclaren at hp.com
Wed Sep 10 11:40:10 UTC 2014

On 09/10/2014 11:52 AM, stuart.mclaren at hp.com wrote:
>> All,
>>
>> The 0.14.0 client breaks all v2 requests when pointed at a glance server
>> which is running code which is more than a few days old (ie pretty much
>> any production server).
>>
>> There's a band-aid patch here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/120143/
>> and a longer term patch here: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/120300/
>>
>> What would folks propose we do to avoid having a broken client for
>> an extended period of time (days)?
>>
>> Would merging 120143 and releasing it as 0.14.1 be a reasonable short term
>> solution which would allow less pressured reviewing of 120300?
>>

> Why do you think landing 120300 will take long? If both patches are
> already on gerrit, I'd rather review the real fix.

> Is there a reason you think landing 120143 first is better?

120300 is a biggish change (several hundred lines) and I was concerned
it might take a while to go through the review cycle.  However, the
consensus seems to be to go directly with 120300 -- that it shouldn't
take too long to get through. (And its on-demand schema behaviour is
a nice bonus too!)

--
@flaper87
Flavio Percoco