[openstack-dev] [all] [glance] do NOT ever sort requirements.txt

Dolph Mathews dolph.mathews at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 17:14:05 UTC 2014

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 11:23 AM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com>
wrote:

> On Sep 3, 2014, at 12:20 PM, Dolph Mathews <dolph.mathews at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM, Sean Dague <sean at dague.net> wrote:

>> patches

>> > Can  requirements.txt contain comment lines ?  If so, it would be
>> > worth adding
>> >
>> >    # The ordering of modules in this file is important
>> >    # Do not attempt to re-sort the lines
>> >
>> > Because 6 months hence people will have probably forgotten about
>> > this mail, or if they're new contributors, never know it existed.
>>
>> The point is that core review team members should know. In this case at
>> least one glance core +2ed this change.
>>
>> Regular contributors can be educated by core team members.
>>

> Regardless, tribal knowledge should be documented, and doing so in
> requirements files is probably the best place for that.
>

> +1
>
> Write-it-down-ly,
> Doug

The blocked review Sean mentioned above happens to reference a bug that
I've now marked invalid against all projects that hadn't already applied
"fixes" for it:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/glance/+bug/1285478

Instead, I've opened a second task to add a note to all the requirements
files:

  https://bugs.launchpad.net/keystone/+bug/1365061

All associated patches:

https://review.openstack.org/#/q/I64ae9191863564e278a35d42ec9cd743a233028e,n,z