[openstack-dev] [Heat] Request for python-heatclient project to adopt heat-translator

Sahdev P Zala spzala at us.ibm.com
Tue Sep 2 15:52:30 UTC 2014

Hello guys,

As you know, the heat-translator project was started early this year with
an aim to create a tool to translate non-Heat templates to HOT. It is a
StackForge project licensed under Apache 2. We have made good progress
with its development and a demo was given at the OpenStack 2014 Atlanta
summit during a half-a-day session that was dedicated to heat-translator
project and related TOSCA discussion. Currently the development and
testing is done with the TOSCA template format but the tool is designed to
be generic enough to work with templates other than TOSCA. There are five
developers actively contributing to the development. In addition, all
current Heat core members are already core members of the heat-translator
project.
Recently, I attended Heat Mid Cycle Meet Up for Juno in Raleigh and
updated the attendees on heat-translator project and ongoing progress. I
also requested everyone for a formal adoption of the project in the
python-heatclient and the consensus was that it is the right thing to do.
Also when the project was started, the initial plan was to make it
available in python-heatclient. Hereby, the heat-translator team would
like to make a request to have the heat-translator project to be adopted
by the python-heatclient/Heat program.
Below are some of links related to the project,
https://github.com/stackforge/heat-translator
https://launchpad.net/heat-translator
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/heat-translator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/heat-translator