[openstack-dev] [all] new meeting channel

Kyle Mestery mestery at mestery.com
Fri Oct 31 17:46:54 UTC 2014

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Doug Wiegley <dougw at a10networks.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In trying to find some alternate times for the Neutron LBaaS meeting, all
> of the slots that fall roughly in business-ish hours for the US/Europe are
> jam packed (at least on the days that aren’t risking long weekends.)  I’d
> like to propose adding #openstack-meeting-4 to alleviate this.
>
> Ttx pointed out that the number of meeting channels is a tradeoff between
> keeping things spread out to avoid to many overlapping meetings, and
> capacity.  Infra and ttx don’t have a problem adding a new channel, in
> theory (“it’s probably fine.”)
>
> I think we’ve reached the point that a new channel would help with
> scheduling.

I'm +1 to this. I've also recently ran into trouble when trying to
schedule a meeting as well.

One thing I'd also like to point out is that it would be great if
people could look over any meetings they have on the schedule which
are not currently being run and clean those up. Not saying this would
alleviate the need for the new channel, but it's probably a good task
to take on every quarter at least to cleanup meetings which are no
longer active.

Thanks,
Kyle