[openstack-dev] What's Up Doc? Oct 24 2014 [training] [api]

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Oct 24 19:45:48 UTC 2014

Here are some docs highlights for this week.

HOT Guides: Gauvain wants a little more time with the HOT Guides before
making them publicly available, so those will probably come out after the
Summit.

Cutting a stable/juno branch for docs: As publicized in this week's meeting
notes, our goal is to cut stable/juno branch for openstack-manuals on Oct
29 2014. Notes:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/2014/docteam.2014-10-22-14.01.html

HA Guide: Looks like there's progress towards reviewing and getting that
team together, thanks.

Upgrade guide: There are patches under discussion to pull the Upgrades
chapter out of the Operations Guide and put into a separate guide. Please
join in the discussion on the openstack-docs mailing list thread if you
have input.
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2014-October/005370.html

Soft freeze on <project>-api repos: Now that we're pulling the content out
of those and putting it into respective <project>-specs repos, we are
declaring a freeze on those repos. Reviewers, be aware of that.

Summit plans: Looks like we'll get a cross-project slot for docs, likely to
talk about how to scale docs efforts across many projects. Stay tuned for
the schedule. The TC is working through
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/kilo-crossproject-summit-topics to get
those scheduled. We'll also have a pod, so we're using this etherpad:
https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/docstopicsparissummit to organize those.
I've marked some topics there as "pod" topics.

Training team: I do want to talk about progress on the four things we
talked about after the last Summit:
http://lists.openstack.org/pipermail/openstack-docs/2014-March/004171.html
I think you're at 2 out of 4, so I've added a note to the docs/training
topics etherpad linked above.

Enjoy your weekend.
Anne