[OpenStack-docs] Upgrade Guide - movin' out

Anne Gentle anne at openstack.org
Fri Oct 24 03:47:54 UTC 2014

Hi all,
In the last doc team meeting we discussed moving the Upgrade chapter from
the Operations Guide into its own separate guide. Tom would like more
discussion on the list so I'm bringing it here. My justifications so far
are:
Maintenance: Can more modularly maintain releases. We'd remove grizzly to
havana next release for example.
Contributions: Potential for easier upstream contribution from others
maintaining upgrade guides as separate manuals for their own distro.
Findability: People aren't finding this chapter due to being a level deep
in the Ops Guide.

Here are the reviews:
Ops Guide: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130258/
New Upgrade Guide: https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130246/ and
https://review.openstack.org/#/c/130261/

Here are the Meeting Minutes:
Minutes:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/2014/docteam.2014-10-22-14.01.html
Minutes (text):
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/2014/docteam.2014-10-22-14.01.txt
Log:
http://eavesdrop.openstack.org/meetings/docteam/2014/docteam.2014-10-22-14.01.log.html

I was convinced in the meeting -- feel free to unconvince me or otherwise
convince others. :)