[openstack-dev] [all] [tc] Multi-clouds integration by OpenStack cascading

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Thu Oct 23 14:30:13 UTC 2014

On 10/09/2014 03:36 PM, Duncan Thomas wrote:
> On 9 October 2014 07:49, henry hly <henry4hly at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Joshua,
>>
>> ...in fact hierarchical scale
>> depends on square of single child scale. If a single child can deal
>> with 00's to 000's, cascading on it would then deal with 00,000's.
> That is faulty logic - maybe the cascading solution needs to deal with
> global quota and other aggregations that will rapidly break down your

There should not be Global quota in a cascading deployment.  If I own a
cloud, I should manage my own Quota.

Keystone needs to be able to merge the authorization data across
multiple OpenStack instances.  I have a spec proposal for this:

https://review.openstack.org/#/c/123782/

There are many issues to be resolved due to the "organic growth" nature
of OpenStack deployments.  We see a recuring pattern where people need
to span across multiple deployments, and not just for Bursting.

Quota then becomes essential:  it is the way of limiting what a user can
do in one deployment ,separate from what they could do in a different
one.  The quotas really reflect the contract between the user and the
deployment.