[openstack-dev] [Heat] Stack stuck in DELETE_IN_PROGRESS even though all resources are DELETE_COMPLETE

Ken Thomas krt at yahoo-inc.com
Tue Oct 21 22:56:38 UTC 2014

Greetings all,
I'm using Heat from Icehouse and I'm hitting a problem that I'm hoping y'all can shed some light on.
I have no problems doing stack-create. I can watch the MySQL commands go by and see it happily update the stack table so that it eventually shows up as CREATE_COMPLETE. When I delete the stack, everything seems to be working fine.  I see the MySQL update that sets the stack to DELETE IN PROGRESS as well as the updates that sets my single resource to DELETE_COMPLETE... but I never see the final update to the stack table to set it to DELETE COMPLETE.
One very odd thing that I found in the MySQL logs (snippet below), is a query that includes that stack name but with an extra '*' character append to it. My stack is named 'xyzzy8' but notice the 'xzyzzy8*' in the constraint. That's not going to return anything and I'm wondering if that is what's preventing the final stack DELETE_COMPLTE update from happening?
There are no errors in the any of the heat logs.
Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Ken
SELECT stack.status_reason AS stack_status_reason, stack.created_at AS stack_created_at, stack.deleted_at AS stack_deleted_at, stack.action AS stack_action, stack.status AS stack_status, stack.id AS stack_id, stack.name AS stack_name, stack.raw_template_id AS stack_raw_template_id, stack.username AS stack_username, stack.tenant AS stack_tenant, stack.parameters AS stack_parameters, stack.user_creds_id AS stack_user_creds_id, stack.owner_id AS stack_owner_id, stack.timeout AS stack_timeout, stack.disable_rollback AS stack_disable_rollback, stack.stack_user_project_id AS stack_stack_user_project_id, stack.updated_at AS stack_updated_atFROM stackWHERE stack.deleted_at IS NULL AND (stack.tenant = 'c6c488223aae4e97bf56dda8cef36b3b' OR stack.stack_user_project_id = 'c6c488223aae4e97bf56dda8cef36b3b') AND stack.name = 'xyzzy8*' AND stack.owner_id = '9a3e56d7-0c10-4c1c-8c54-0e5580cee121'